More than just history-rich hotels and breathtaking destinations, our employees are at the heart of the Belmond experience. At Belmond, we ensure our employees have just as many memorable moments as our guests. Our team members are masters at their crafts. We look for employees who naturally share our values amp; behaviours; and who are Genuine Characters, Proud Custodians have Caring Hands amp; Hearts and have a Pioneering Mindset.
As the General Manager, you are responsible for maximizing the financial performance of the resort by providing the highest possible quality guest service and product by encouraging a positive work environment for all employees. You are a role model of Belmond's values and principles.
Some Of Your Responsibilities Include
- The ability to coordinate and manage the day-to-day operations of the resort.
- Monitor and review the daily revenue report, labor reports and the monthly profit and loss statement, analyze results and take action when necessary.
- Conduct regular tours of the resort and make recommendations for changes as well as note deficiencies and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Meet regularly with all managers, supervisor, and non-management employees.
- Monitor all standards in the resort to ensure they are in place and implemented.
- Control all capital expenditures and ensures the proper guidelines are adhered to and projects are completed on a timely basis.
- Conduct operations meetings to discuss operational challenges and opportunities and to improve or maintain an excellent communication flow.
- Control expenses throughout the operation
- Attend functions, social and/or business, to help develop a rapport and to establish credibility within the local community.
- Ensure the resort is well maintained from both housekeeping and engineering standpoints.
- Develop profit improvement ideas.
- Respond appropriately in the event of any resort emergency or safety situation and align with all local codes and ordinances with a focus on guest and employee safety.
- Maintain a solid working relationship with all divisional and corporate teams.
- Implement action plans to correct problems identifies in operations standards surveys.
- Personally meet and connect with guests, review all written guest comments and follow up on any guest service issues or needs.
- Lead preventive maintenance programs.
- Directly oversee at a minimum the Rooms, Culinary and Food amp; Beverage operations.
Requirements4 to 6 years of upper-level management experience in hospitality.Business and or Hospitality related degree.Extensive and recent experience in a similar on property role.Previous experience in high end luxury hospitality.Ability to encourage, lead and manage a team by example.High level of creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility.Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the property.Extensive experience with Forbes 5 star standards and LQA.
Attractive Expat package including;
- Competitive salary
- Company family car
- Competitive housing allowance
- International medical insurance
- Relocation allowance
- Annual annual leave flight reimbursement
- Annual management incentive bonus
- Schooling allowance